Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Quote Canvas Art {Tutorial}

Before Spencer was born I made a subway art canvas for his bedroom.  I did not (and still do not) have a cricut or silhouette to cut the vinyl, but I was able to borrow a cricut from a friend.  This is what I came up with:


I really love how it turned out and every time I go into Spencer's room it makes me smile. I have been wanting to make another canvas for the playroom, but again I do not have a machine. I am obsessed with Pinterest and I came across a way to make a painted canvas using stickers.  My sister had a birthday present to make for her friend and decided she wanted to try and make a quote on a canvas using the method we saw on pinterest.  First she painted the canvas she wanted to color of the words to be:


Then she added the stickers where she wanted them to go.  Before she did that she decided that she wanted some of the words to stand out so she used another color as well. *Sorry it is sideways*







The next step is to paint over the entire canvas with a different color.


The final step is to carefully peal off the stickers.  My sister used a safety pin to help her pull the edges up.


She also added some small rhinestones and little flowers that I had in my supplies to give it more details.  The colors match her friends room and her friend absolutely love it.
Here is a picture of another one she made for herself:




The canvases came in a 2 pack at Walmart for about $8, the stickers were $2.99 per pack (bought 3 packs) at Michaels and they actually ended up being buy 2 get 1 free.  The paints I had on hand, but are under $1 each.  That is $14 for both projects not including all of the supplies I already had on hand.


I hope you are now inspired to make some artwork as a gift or for your house!

No comments:

Post a Comment