Monday, November 5, 2012

Old Desk Turned New

My parents have had this old secretary desk for as long as I can remember.  When I was in high school, my parents put the desk in my room as a place for me to study and do my homework.  Well, it turned more into a junk collector than a spot to study.  For the past 12 years or so the desk has been moved all around my parent's house from my old room to the family room to the dinning room.  Well, now the desk has a new home in my sister's room along with a brand new look.  Here is the picture of the desk once we got the secretary top off:


The one thing we could not stand about this desk was that secretary top.  Since my sister just went back to school to get her Doctor of Physical Therapy degree, she wanted a space she could study.  The secretary top restricted the study space so immediately we got to work taking the top off.  Then my sister and I headed to home depot to pick out some paint and take a look new hardware.  My sister chose gray for the paint color and she didn't see any hardware she liked (in her budget) so we decided to just spray paint the old ones black.

Here is a picture of the process (taken from my sister's instagram):


And here is a picture of the final product in my sister's room piled high with her PT school papers:


Looks great, doesn't it?  I kinda wish I had taken the desk a few months ago when I first got the idea to refinish it.  I guess it's a good thing my sister got to it first.  She has 3 years of hard work, long nights studying and lots of reading ahead of her.  I am so proud of her in everything she has accomplished.  She graduated Cum Laude in Exercise Science while playing on her schools Soccer team for all 4 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment