Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back to School and Wedding Decor

Wow, it has been way too long.  I totally slacked once August came around and this is my 3rd week back at work.  My life has been consumed with teaching and then coming home to be a mommy.  I am completely exhausted  by the time the boys are in bed.

Before I go I will leave you with some wedding centerpieces and decor I did for my friends wedding.  She was the last of our group (all friends since middle school or before) to get married and I was so excited when she asked me to help her with the decor and basically be her Wedding planner.
For her centerpieces she wanted to go for something small and simple.  We both said "Mason Jars" at about the same time.  I am so glad we were thinking the same thing.  here is what I came up with...






I started with thick black ribbon and placed a color ribbon in the middle on top of the black ribbon then glued them to the jar.  We used bright blue, green, pink and a black/white design.  Next I spray painted dowel rods and 1 side of small wood rectangles (found at Michaels) white.  The other side of the rectangles were sprayed with chalkboard paint.  The finishing touch was adding a bunch of white hydrangeas.  Everyone commented on how nice the centerpieces were.  At the end of the night, everyone was encouraged to take a centerpiece home and boy did they go fast (well, actually I took like 5 of them because I loved them so much).

Here are a few more pictures from the wedding.

 I made Mr.&Mrs. chalkboard signs for their head table.  Even the DJ commented on how great they looked.  He even suggested I go into wedding planning (yeah, I wish I was that good!)

 Since I got a Silhouette for my birthday I decided to try and make a last name sign for their gift table.  My inspiration comes from Kara over at Mine for the Making.  She makes amazing signs and I have purchased a few signs from her for friends and one for myself too.  I still have a lot to learn, but I enjoy learning :)
Simple place cards.
The Hubs and I!

The new Mr. & Mrs. Ferrante

 Another crafty friend made these for the place card table.  Loved the pop of color.
 Here is


Instead of a guest book, the bride decided on a message board.  We made a sign that said "Please leave your wishes for the new Mr. & Mrs."  It turned out so cute.


One last picture.  Kara, me, Cari and Rachel.  Kara, Rachel and myself have been friends since 3rd grade.  We met Cari in 7th grade and the 4 of us have been friends ever since.  So many fun memories over the past 18+ years (YIKES I had no idea thats how long it has been)!
Another fun fact, Rachel and I both married our high school sweethearts and Cari married someone we knew in high school but they didnt start dating until after college.

No comments:

Post a Comment