Monday, August 6, 2012

Easy Peasy Cake Cookies

I am so excited to be sharing this recipe with you.  I was first introduced to this recipe here and have since changed it up and created some new ones.

Here is what you need: a box of cake mix, 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of vegetable oil

First pre-heat the oven to 350 and line your baking sheet with foil (I do this for easy clean up).  I do not spray my cookie sheet because there is a lot of oil in the cookies.  Then mix all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and mix until combined.





Form about 1 inch balls (maybe a little smaller than a golf ball) and place on the cookie sheet.  I added mini chocolate chips to some of my strawberry cookies.


Place the balls about 2 inches apart.  They will spread a little.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 9-10 minutes.  When you take them out, they will look like they are not quite done, but let them sit out for a few minutes and they will get that hard crust on them.

The last step is to taste test while they are still a little warm.  You know, you have to make sure they are good enough to share with your family and friends.  I shared these cookies with our sweet neighbor.  She loves to garden  and Carson was helping her water her flowers while she was planting them this spring. One morning we woke up to a small bouquet of hydrangeas on our front porch with a note for Carson.  He was so in love with the flowers and couldn't wait to bring her cookies as a Thank You.



This recipe is so easy to change up.  All you need to do is change the kind of cake mix.  I have used Devil's Food, Strawberry, Funfetti and Red Velvet.  I also like to add different things into the batter like chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and white chocolate chips.  I was thinking Lemon cake mix would make delicious cookies too.  So make choices!  Here is a picture of the Red Velvet Chocolate Chip cookies I made yesterday for a family BBQ.  They were a huge hit!


No comments:

Post a Comment